Sports and Recreation
Click on blue text (links) below for more information on each topic. Many of these links are to external websites which will typically open in a new tab. Helmdon Parish Council cannot accept any responsibility for the information or web links provided by external websites.
Sports and recreation facilities in Helmdon (click on one of following):
- Footpaths (around the village and beyond)
- Parks & Open Spaces (includes Play Area in the School Field)
- Sports Field (on Wappenham Road)
Sports CLUBS and recreation facilities in the local area:
- Brackley Sports Clubs (sports clubs listed on Brackley Town Council website)
- Sports and Recreation facilities in Brackley (also on Brackley Town Council website)
- Brackley & District Bowls Club
- Cherwell Edge Golf Club (also a function venue)
- South Northants Council Leisure and Culture (lists a wide range of leisure and sports activities)
- Silverstone Golf Club (also a function venue)
- Syresham Sports & Social Club (link to their Facebook page)
- Syresham Short Mat Bowls Club (in Syresham Village Hall)
- Towcester Sports & Social Club
Water Sports CLUBS and facilities:
- Banbury Sailing Club
- Milton Keynes Rowing Club (link to their Facebook page)
- Nene White Water Rafting Centre
- Northampton Canoe and Kayak Club
- Northampton Rowing Club (link to their Facebook page)
Professional Football Club:
- Brackley Town FC (also has a function venue)
Dance and Performing Arts:
- Please see the Arts & Entertainment page.
See also local news 'What's On' listings:
- Parks & Open Spaces - County (Click left, expand "Parks and open spaces", select County)
Online Exercise, Fitness and Dance Classes - 2020/2021
Joe Wicks otherwise known as "The Body Coach" is a British fitness coach, TV presenter and author. His fitness method uses short intense High Intensity Interval Training workouts. See The Body Coach's YouTube channel for a library of workout vidoes to watch. Originally shown live daily, they were scaled back in June with the final live session for 2020 on 22 July.
With Lockdown 3 starting 05 January 2021, Joe Wicks has again promised regular exercise programs. See The Body Coach's YouTube channel
Many modern TVs (Smart TVs) allow access to online Apps such as YouTube referred in this section, but you would need to use the YouTube search routine rather than using the links provided here.
Davina McCall is now offering 14-day free trial of her Own Your Own Goals home programme "Stay healthy together with fitness, nutrition & wellbeing".
Sadler's Wells also has a range of family dance workshops on their YouTube channel