Parks & Open Spaces - Helmdon
Play Area in School Playing Field
Update on the school field and play area - posted 07 January 2021
It has been agreed with the school that their field and play area will be closed to the public during the school week to help staff provide a safe environment for the keyworker pupils who attend school each day. The gates will be unlocked at 3:30pm on a Friday afternoon and will be open for everyone to use during the weekends. Please contact the Clerk with any queries.
The Parish Council requests that all users adhere to the following Government guidance:
- Wash hands or apply hand sanitiser before and after using the play area.
- Maintain social distancing within the play area, in accordance with the government's latest advice. If the play area is too busy for effective social distancing, please do not enter.
- There should be only one child on each piece of equipment at any one time.
- Where possible there should be only one adult accompanying a child in the play area.
- Adults are encouraged to clean/wipe the touch parts of equipment such as swing chains and slide bars before use.
- Please dispose of all litter in the bins provided.
Although the Parish Council has taken steps to ensure that the play area is a safe environment, users use the play area and equipment at their own risk.
Please do not enter the play area if you or anyone in your household are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or are self-isolating.
Note also that dogs are not allowed on the playing field at any time.
The Parish Council provides and maintains the play equipment - if you see a damaged piece of equipment please report it to the Parish Clerk.
The Pump Garden
The Parish Council owns a small piece of land on Church Street just up from Shortlands Close known locally as the Pump Garden because it is where one of the village's three public water pumps was sited. The pump is still there but not operable. For the Queen's Jubilee in 2002 the Parish Council installed a bench at the Pump Garden for walkers to stop at on their way up Church Street. In 2012 the area was cut right back to allow new planting to take place in spring 2013.
Other Land Maintained by the Parish Council
The Parish Council also maintains the following areas:
- Area alongside Wappenham Road known locally as Jenners Piece.
- The War Memorial
- The area in front of the Reading Room.
For more information, such as grass cutting schedules, see Verge Maintenance