Councillor vacancy on the Parish Council
Due to the resignation of Cllr Robert Duncombe there is a Councillor vacancy on the Parish Council. If you are interested in joining the Parish Council please contact the Clerk by Tuesday 27th July 2021.
Could you be a Parish Councillor?
Parish Councillors are champions of their community - they give residents a voice in the decisions their Parish Council makes. Seeing your community change for the better as a result of decisions you have helped make can be very rewarding.
If you care about your community and would like to help make a real difference then this opportunity is for you. You will be supported in your role and provided with training - you should be comfortable working electronically, have a positive outlook and be willing to work as part of a team.
If you want to apply to join the Parish Council there are certain qualifications that you must meet. You must be:
- 18 years old or over; and
- a UK or Commonwealth citizen
AND at least one of the following must apply:
- you are an elector for the Parish and continue to be an elector (i.e. is listed on the Clerk's most recent copy of the Electoral Roll); or
- have resided in the Parish for the past twelve months or rented/tenanted land in the Parish; or
- have your principal or only place of work in the Parish for the past twelve months; or
- have lived within three miles of the Parish for the past twelve months.
There are certain disqualifications for being a parish councillor, of which the main are:
- holding a paid office or employment under the Parish Council; or
- bankruptcy; or
- having been sentenced to a term of imprisonment (whether suspended or not) of not less than three months, without the option of a fine during the preceding five years; or
- being disqualified under any enactment relating to corrupt or illegal electoral practices.
Helmdon Parish Council meets at 7:30pm, the fourth Wednesday of every other month. Please click here for more information about the Parish Council.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact the Clerk for more information.
Posted: Mon, 05 Jul 2021 12:11 by Charmaine Jay