Girl Guides (1st Helmdon)
The 1st Helmdon Guide unit started several years ago with three guides, but the number is now twenty and there is currently a waiting list. It meets every Monday evening in the Reading Room during term times.
Being a guide is all about learning new skills, making new friends, helping others and having fun. Guides are usually aged between ten and fourteen, although some Guides like to stay until they are older.
Guides provides opportunities for girls and young women to:
- Think for themselves and make decisions
- Undertake teamwork and acquire leadership skills
- Acquire self-awareness, self-respect and self-confidence
- Develop personal values which give their lives meaning and direction
- Do their best according to their abilities
- Seek spiritual development
- Contribute to society
- Live by a simple code - the Guide Law.
Each Guide is encouraged to achieve her own personal goals through a progressive programme with the opportunity to work for a wide variety of badges, allowing her to mature and develop at her own pace.
For more information from the Girlguiding UK website please click here.
1st Helmdon Guides very much welcome enquiries (please complete and submit the form below).