In December 2014 the government issued the Transparency Code for smaller authorities, designed to meet the Government's need for greater transparency for public bodies. It applies to all Parish Councils with an annual turnover of less than £25,000 and requires the following documents to be published regularly:
- full agendas for formal meetings no later than 3 clear days before the meeting
- draft minutes of formal meetings no later than 1 month after the meeting
- details of every item of spending of £100 or more showing the date, purpose and amount: this information is detailed in the Finance Report and minutes of each meeting.
All of the above documents can be accessed on the Agendas & Minutes page. For each financial year the Council must also publish:
- the Notice of Public Rights
- the Certificate of Exemption (if applicable)
- all items of expenditure above £100
- the end of year accounts
- the signed Annual Internal Audit Report
- the signed Annual Governance Statement
- the signed Annual Accounting Statements
- the Explanation of Variances
- the Bank Reconciliation
- the signed Certificate of Exemption or Notice for Completion of Audit from the External Auditor
- Names of all Councillors and their responsibilities within the council.
This information must be published by 1st July each year and must be published electronically.
Information for 2018-19
Audit, Items of Expenditure over £100 2018-19 (Word Document, 36 Kb)
Audit, Internal Audit Report, 2018-19 (PDF, 748 Kb)
Audit, Annual Governance Statement, 2018-19 (PDF, 679 Kb)
Audit, Annual Accounting Statement, 2018-19 (PDF, 679 Kb)
Audit, Explanation of Significant Variances, 2018-19 (PDF, 406 Kb)
Audit, Bank Reconciliation, 2018-19 (PDF, 285 Kb)
Audit, External Auditor Report and Certificate, 2018-19 (PDF, 139 Kb)
Information for 2017-18
Audit, Notice of Public Rights, 2017-18 (PDF, 514 Kb)
Items of Expenditure over £100 2017-18 (PDF, 220 Kb)
Audit, Internal Audit Report, 2017-18 (PDF, 691 Kb)
Audit, Annual Governance Statement, 2017-18 (PDF, 609 Kb)
Audit, Annual Accounting Statement, 2017-18 (PDF, 666 Kb)
Audit, Explanation of Significant Variances, 2017-18 (PDF, 386 Kb)
Audit, Bank Reconciliation, 2017-18 (PDF, 270 Kb)
Audit, Certificate of Exemption, 2017-18 (PDF, 695 Kb)
Information for 2016 -17
Audit, Notice of Public Rights, 2016-17 (PDF, 459 Kb)
Items of Expenditure over £100 2016-17 (PDF, 228 Kb)
Audit, Internal Audit Report, 2016-17 (PDF, 707 Kb)
Audit, Annual Governance Statement, 2016-17 (PDF, 623 Kb)
Audit, Annual Accounting Statement, 2016-17 (PDF, 570 Kb)
Audit, Explanation of Significant Variances, 2016-17 (PDF, 237 Kb)
Audit, Bank Reconciliation, 2016-17 (PDF, 231 Kb)
Audit, Notice of Conclusion, 2016-17 (PDF, 393 Kb)
Information for 2015-16
The Precept is the element of your Council Tax that is paid to Helmdon Parish Council.
Every year, the Parish Council draws up budgets and calculates how much money it needs for the next Financial Year. These are usually finalised at the January Full Council meeting and then submitted to South Northants Council. SNC co-ordinate the other demands from NCC, Police and themselves and come up with the rate to be paid from 1st April that year.
Further details of the Parish Council's budget can be obtained from the Parish Clerk.
Financial Regulations (PDF, 277 Kb)
The Financial Regulations are the rules by which Helmdon Parish Council conducts its financial management. They are reviewed annually and may only be amended or varied by resolution of the Council.