Arts & Entertainment
This page includes links to external websites. These links will typically open in a new tab. Helmdon Parish Council cannot accept any responsibility for the information or web links provided by external websites.
Headings on this page include (click in list to jump to chosen section):
- Cinemas & Film Clubs
- Galleries, Exhibitions and Workshops
- Other Entertainment Listings
- Helmdon Presents
- The Bridge Players (Helmdon's Amateur Theatre Group)
- Music, Dance and other Community Groups
Cinemas & Film Clubs
For more information, please click on titles (blue text) to go to Cinema operator's own website:
Banbury - Odeon Cinema
Horse Fair, Banbury OX16 0AH
0871 471 4714
Bicester - Vue Cinema
Pioneer Centre, Bure Place, Bicester OX26 6FA
0345 308 4620
Northampton - Cineworld
Sixfields Leisure, Weedon Road, Northampton NN5 5QJ
0871 200 2000
Northampton Filmhouse (a two-screen cinema, previously known as Errol Flynn Filmhouse)
"Elegant, modern cedar-wood venue housing a stylish 90-seat cinema for arthouse and mainstream films".
Derngate, Northampton NN1 1TU
Helmdon Film Screenings
Please see Helmdon Presents below
Phoenix Community Cinema (SNC) - Community cinema or film club in following areas:
Blakesley, Blisworth, Brackley, Cogenhoe, Croughton, Culworth, Evenley, King's Sutton, Marston St. Lawrence, Middleton Cheney, Milton Malsor, Nether Heyford, Paulerspury, Whittlebury.
Galleries, Exhibitions and Workshops
For more information, please click on titles (blue text) to go to operator's website:
- Arts and Culture - South Northants Council listing (on SNC website)
An events calendar for some of the galleries, exhibitions and workshops in the local area.
- Compton Verney art gallery and park - Warwickshire.
- Upton House - A National Trust house in Warwickshire that is home to an extensive private art collection.
If you would like other galleries to be included here, please email information to: email@example.com
For more information, please click on titles (blue text) to go to Theatre operator's own website:
- Royal & Derngate is a theatre complex in the Cultural Quarter of Northampton consisting of the Royal Theatre and the Derngate Theatre.
- Ambassador Theatre Group (www.atgtickets.com) - This group includes Aylesbury Waterside Theatre, Milton Keynes Theatre, Oxford New Theatre.
Following are links to external websites with lists of local theatres. Note that these may contain advertisements and might not cover all theatres:
- Milton Keynes (www.theatresonline.com)
- Northampton & Northamptonshire (www.visitnorthamptonshire.co.uk)
- Oxford & Oxfordshire (www.netmums.com - keep scrolling down below adverts to find more listings)
- Oxford & Oxfordshire (www.oxfordshirecotswolds.org - e.g. Under 'Search What's On', select 'Performing Arts & Film')
Other Entertainment Listings
Helmdon Presents: Live performances
We promote touring theatre companies, music ensembles, solo performers (poetry, music, comedy, etc.). These events are well attended so please book early to be sure of a seat.
We also arrange occasional trips to local theatres where a particular show or performance appeals to group members. For more information about Helmdon Presents: Live Performances please click here.
Helmdon Presents: Children's Films
We show a variety of children's films in the Reading Room, usually on a Sunday afternoon during the winter months. The event starts with an optional activity related to the film (games, craft, etc.) then the children can relax on a beanbag with a drink and a snack and enjoy the film!
Children's film events are currently £2 per child and free for adults. This includes a drink & snack for children and a hot drink for grown ups. For the latest information please click here.
Helmdon Presents: Film Club
We show a good selection of films... action, drama, biopic etc. in English and foreign languages. There are films which appeal to all age groups.
Our state-of-the-art equipment fills the Reading Room with sound, providing a great cinema experience. You are welcome to attend as a guest for one Friday evening session. For more information please click here.
Helmdon Presents: Film Club Extra
Some additional film screenings are coming to Helmdon to complement the existing film club programme. These films will either be longer or more art house (or both) than the usual film club programme.
We charge a very small entrance fee for guests (or free to film club members). You are welcome to join us and bring your friends along too. For more information please click here.
The Bridge Players (Helmdon's Amateur Theatre Group)
In 2018, Helmdon's Amateur Theatre Group celebrate 30 years of local productions.
For more information about Helmdon's Bridge Players please click here.
Music, Dance and other Community Groups
Following are links to websites of music and/or dance groups based in Brackley:
- Brackley & District Traditional Dancing (U3A)
- Brackley Folk Club
- Brackley Jubilee Choir
- Brackley Male Voice Choir
- The Brackley Morris Men
- Brackley Wind Ensemble
For other activities, please select from 'Helmdon Groups' in the website menu, or click on one of the following: